Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Visit From Grandma and Grandpa

Today my mom, step-dad and littlest sister came for a visit. Officially, it was to celebrate John's birthday (belated though it was). Unofficially, it was to love up Elizabeth as only grandparents (and Aunties) can. 

There are many times I have found myself wishing my mom and I lived closer together. Since having a baby, those times occur more and more frequently. I love that Elizabeth has all her grandparents and even 2 sets of great-grandparents. I just wish we were able to do more together. I am secretly envious of my friends who have their parents around to babysit while they work and those who attend functions and vacations together. Sadly, Elizabeth's grandparents are either physically or geographically unable to make frequent zoo trips or camping excursions. Though in the end, it doesn't matter because the one thing that all her grandparents offer in abundance is LOVE. And you can't ask for more than that.

No comments: